Ahad, 14 September 2014

MIMS Mini Marathon

At the finishing pont


At the main entrance Stadium Arena, University Malaya


It was drizzling when we came out from Adik apartment. It was raining heavily when we reached Federal Highway. And it was raining like cats and dogs when we reached UM. The event was delayed due to the heavy rain. Nevertheless it did not dampen our spirit to lace out and run on that day. The warm up session done at 7.50am. It started with the 10km event first, which was followed by the 5km event 15 minutes later. I opted for the 10km, and Adik went for the 5km.

The first 2km had put me breathless since it was going uphill, probably 30%. I saw that many of the runners were also walking during this time. The next km was the water station. I took the opportunity to drink a small cup of plain water and another cup of 100plus. A UM student who was walking with her friends along the path saw me and gave me a sign of encouragement. Now that gives me semangat to move faster and I smiled back at her.  There was another water station at the next 4km which I took similar fluid. Another round (the next 5km) doing similar route, but this time I felt a bit uncomfortable around the nose, in which hypoxic probably is the cause. This feeling disappeared when I went downhill. 

The third water station (the same 1st station), I took the power gel and consume another 2 cups of plain water and a cup of 100 plus. Baru lah ada tenaga untuk berlari. Ran to the next water station and continued another 1km. Adik was there at the end of the hilly stadium entrance and giving me a push to run to the finishing line. I clocked in 1 hour and 26 minutes. Not bad la kan, for such an experience going uphill and downhill. Feels exactly the same feel 2 days after descending the Mount Kinabalu. A bit tight at the distal end of the thigh. But my knee joint is ok.

The organizer is commendable for giving a nutritious and enough hydration. 1) The taufufa was smooth and not so sweet which is to my liking. 2) Watermelon gave extra hydration. 3) Roti tu biasa lah...And all runners who reach the finishing point were given finisher medals. 


Tiada ulasan:

Catat Ulasan