I reach the stadium at 6.10am. Sunday morning, 16th November. The usual parking spaces were tied up with strings, therefore melilau looking for car park until I saw a family of 3 walking towards their car, I took up their space when they came out. Lucky me. Took 1 power bar with minimal water (risau pulak kot rasa nak terkencing kang) and a teaspoon of honey. Registered myself when they put the duct tape to my right wrist. There was a lady nearby which I asked her, what time the race to be started? 6.45am, she told me. This was her first time running for IIR. I warmed up on my own. Sharp at 6.45am, we were freed by Datuk Bandar. The first 2 km, I was running non stop even though at a slow pace. The next 2 km, passing through the Bulatan Sultan Abdul Aziz, at which I have to be stopped by the police at the roadside to allow the passing cars. The next 1km I continued to jog, until reaching the water station. They provide wet sponges with mineral water, which I took together with a sachet of power gel. The next 3 km, I noticed the same lady yang aku tanya dia what time the run started. Haaa....dah pancit le tu. So I overtook her. Another 2km I mixed fast walk and running. Running whenever I saw the Kenyan runners passing by. I could easily recognized the sound of their foot step. Fast and furious.. At the finishing line, ada sorang pempuan ni konon macam nak potong aku le, but I noticed that the man who mend the finishing line gave her card written number 35 while I was given the 34th. Clocked at 1 hour, 14 minutes, 25 secs. Happy with myself. Considering I took 1 hour 26 minutes for MIMS mini marathon (UM kan kawasan bukit bukau, while this is rather flat), even though I could not at par with KJ that clocked 59 minutes for his SCKLM this year. Even though there were not so many people compared to the last year same event, but the spirit soared when I reach the finishing line and I could felt tears almost coming out.
Tiada ulasan:
Catat Ulasan