It was drizzling early morning at 5am, continued to 7.30am. Walked and reached the registration booth at 7.35am. The rain getting heavier at 7.45am, then it stopped at 8am. Warm up session lead by a gentleman who works at Majlis Perbandaran Taiping. He can performs zumba very well. Briefing given on route to pass. 3 checkpoints and 3 water stations. The run start at Padang Esplanade, approximately at 8.20am. The route was quite interesting. From Padang Esplanade, we ran through Jalan Taming Sari, passing in front of SMJK Hua Lian, residential areas (Taman Suria Permai) where I was accompanied by an Indian lady, which I had a suspicion that she won't allow me to overtake her. Because every time I overtook her, she will run faster. Whenever she lead the way, if there's a tree branch within her reach, she will pull the leaves that will make my face wet from the falling water residue. She started the conversation by asking my age and why I should join the 3.5km route and not the 6km. Nak kata aku tua la tu kan? Agaknya dia ni tak baca arahan betul-betul kot, the 3.5km route is only for those 44 and above. Then she asked about my workplace. I tried to answer her but at the same time I tried not to lose pace. She asked me to slow jog together to which I follow. But when we left in front of MRSM Taiping, I could not wait for her and my patience was being tested since she talk too much. And I need to keep up with my own pace. Therefore I started to run faster. Reach the Taiping War Cemetery and noticed that I was all alone. Hahaha...padan muka aku. Nak sangat kan bersendirian. Dengan hati-hati dan berzikir dalam hati, I ran non stop through the lonely cemetery (batu nesan tu kat kiri dan kanan jalan wokey) and reach Lake Garden safely. Meeting with few other runners whom I thought looking for rest room near the Zoo. Reach the last water station. Slow jog throughout the entire lake route. Passing my hospital director who was walking with several other VIPS (taking their own sweet time). Given thumbs up by a senior man who was reading newspaper by the lake side. Reached the finishing line at around 9.15am. Secured number 4 for Female Senior.
Although I got number 4 for this category (considered corot compared to the one I joined in 2014 yang dapat nombor 2 tu kan), I learn few lessons from this event. The placement of 3 water stations were commendable, even though I prefer if they can provide drink in paper cup rather than giving away mineral water in a sealed container. The route was refreshing. And a little bit of selfish is ok eg leaving the talkative indian girl in order to save my breath.
Tiada ulasan:
Catat Ulasan