I hate it when other colleague of the same profession but different fields treat us as a second class doctor. I knew it well that other fields are lucrative and popular among the lay people, but that doesn't mean that my field is not important and boleh tengok sebelah mata aje. Without our diagnosis, do they expect to treat the patient base on just clinical findings? Jangan harap lah. Without our diagnosis, they don't even know what to do. And yet they claimed they know it all and they don't trust the pathologist. Pirraaaah.You might as well lick your own phlegm.
The other day, a young 22 year old man, presented with pancytopaenia. Keep on sending pbf. Was found to have microangiopathic hemolytic anemia, but the reason behind is not known. Refer to surgical and did colonoscopy. Was found to have some ulceration in the colon. Clinical impression is some sort of infective colitis or ulcerative colitis. Biopsy the ulcer and the report came back as signet ring carcinoma. See? Without proper diagnosis, you can't even treat the patient properly. Word of mouth from the hematologist, patient is in bad condition, now having stroke. Probably because of coagulopathy, or a metastasis to the brain.
The clinician thought the pathologists are bunch of lazy, stupid, whose diagnosis is not to be trusted. The fact is, most of the colleague in my fields, are obese, most probably they spend too much time sitting in front of the microscope and crack their head and eat up. Tu pasal gemuk. Maybe some of them are lazy bump, yes, I did not deny that. But please don't generalise us. And all of us came from different universities with different background.
Aku berazam akan sentiasa update my knowledge. I want to prove that I'm capable and not a second class doc. Dan lagi aku berazam untuk keep fit. Exercise 3 kali seminggu and eat proper diet. I don't want to be obese. And I want to prove that they are wrong.
Tiada ulasan:
Catat Ulasan